I believe that Ashland should work for everyone
How I’m involved in our community
- Options for Helping Residents of Ashland, front-desk volunteer 2019/20 at the OHRA Resource Center; board member since 2020
- Únete, Center for Farm Worker and Immigrant Advocacy volunteer, 2019-present, co-teaching a civics class in Spanish to help long-term residents gain US citizenship
- Ashland Food Co-op, volunteer since 2020, board member since June 2022. I’m a big fan of co-ops, so Lorrie and I joined the Ashland Food Co-op our first day in town. On the AFC Gives Committee I learned about many amazing local nonprofits in and around Ashland.
- City of Ashland Climate Policy Commission, 2020-present
- City of Ashland Citizens’ Budget Committee, 2020-present — I have learned the nitty gritty of Ashland’s budget process. I like to read the City’s financial statements and I understand Ashland’s financial trend line and current situation.
- City of Ashland Housing Production Strategy Advisory Committee, 2022
- Ashland New Plays Festival Reading Committee, 2019-present
We’re among the many people who chose Ashland as our home because we share the values of this community
People ask what brought Lorrie and me to Ashland from the east coast.
We moved here because this community aligns with our values.
We love this small city with so many interesting people, abundant culture, and a well-regarded institution of higher learning, surrounded by incredible natural beauty, and with access to delicious, fresh food grown by talented local farmers.
Since moving here in 2019, I’ve attended City Council meetings regularly. It’s a great way to learn about the nuts and bolts of how our city works and how all the pieces fit together. I’m so impressed and encouraged with how much people care. That’s a huge asset!
My career background has been working with governments to find workable solutions, so I’m very comfortable with the technical details. I got involved right away by reading many of the City’s planning and financial documents, joining citizen advisory commissions, and volunteering in the community.
It would be an honor to serve our community on the City Council; together, we can make a vibrant, resilient, and caring Ashland that works for everyone.
Read more about…..